Saturday, 28 February 2015

Ashley Parker DLGC letter 26 February 2015 and response 5 March 2015



Mr Ashley Parker
FOI Coordinator
Department of Local Government and Communities
GPO Box R1250
PERTH WA 6844

Your Ref. 27-15;E1506304



By email to ashley.parker@dlgc.wa.gov.au



Dear Mr Parker,

Freedom of Information Act 1992

Thank you for your letter of 26 February 2015.  I apologise for the delay in my reply.

I agree to your request to remove third party information from documents identified as relevant to my application. 

To expedite matters, I have decided for the present not to pursue items 14 and 15 of my application (dot points 6 and 7 in your letter of 12 February 2015).  Instead, I will in due course submit them, slightly revised, in a separate application.  Your having already identified many relevant documents should hasten the progress of that application.

I have no objection to your answering my application in stages.  It appears from your letter that your Department is ready to provide an immediate Notice of Decision regarding your dot points 3 and 5 (suspension / legal communication) in your letter of 12 February 2015. 

I note that you have proposed 30 April 2015 as the date for Notice of Decision regarding all three remaining categories (your dot points 1, 2 and 4).  Since I have considerably reduced the scope of my current application, I would hope that an earlier date might be possible. You will no doubt be familiar with the biblical aphorism ‘Hope deferred maketh the heart sick’ (Proverbs 13:12).

Yours sincerely


James Plumridge


(Dr) James Plumridge











5 comments:


  1. Ashley Porqueria,... there is much I could say about this person but I won't because it will not do the cause any good. I would have to agree with the eloquently put previous comment, the annual report tells you nothing, standardised claptrap, the Department doesn't want to release information which could potentially damage it.

    James , be done with it and lodge a separate application requesting copies of records relating to:-

    Complaints from ratepayers, residents and Councillors of the SOY regarding conduct of Council meetings and other Council activities and processes, including administrative activities and processes received by the Department since the present Council was elected in 2013.

    Complaints from ratepayers, residents and Councillors of the SOY regarding conduct of Council meetings and other Council activities and processes, including administrative activities and Processes received by the Department while Councillors Hooper and Boyle were Shire presidents.

    Also, point out to the department that you are happy for third party information to be deleted, whilst reserving the right to lodge a further FOI application if any particular complaint is of interest. This will speed the process up considerably as well as lessen the cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mick, on careful reflection I think your approach is the right one.

      Delete
  2. Notice the inclusion of Councillors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Participation, open and accountable, probity ......weasel words by a department focussed on doing the York community over and avoiding the release of the material that will condemn themselves. Like pulling teeth while they play for time. But we have a lot of time. Ideally the claim could be split up into multi claims by different people perhaps? Thank you and stick to your guns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Write back to him and tell him GFYYSFF

    ReplyDelete